Wednesday, May 1, 2013

30 mile CHALLENGE


I have been training for the Chicago marathon for a couple months now and am loving all the challenges that come along with it. Most recently, I have been trying to figure out how to fit ALL of the running in with all of my other obligations. I love going on runs with Terrance- he loves being outside, he loves the ride, and we get to hang out. Lately though, I have been waiting to run alone or I have been running in places too dangerous for a stroller. I keep coming across this link up and decided it would be perfect for us. During the month of May we will be running 30 miles in 30 days. It is the perfect way to add more mommy-baby time and runs to our hectic schedule.


Today we ran a little over 2 miles- let's just say 2. I pushed Terrance along a sand road on the farm. Pushing about 35 lbs isn't the easiest thing to do but it was the absolute perfect add on the my run. Not to mention the fact, that most of the time I was singing ABC's or twinkle twinkle little start with my little man. We had so much fun. Once he starts getting antsy I let him get out and run around for a bit.



While he is digging in the dirt or trying to eat something I do some circuit workouts. Today I did left lunges, right lunges, squats, jumping squats and then finished with jumping jacks. I ended up having to sprint the whole way home because T was over it. But hey, I'm not complaining I wouldn't have pushed myself so hard if it wasn't for him. Two miles down and only twenty-eight to go!

Linkin' up to 30 miles in 30 days- right HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit chat!