Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Growing!

This is right before I planted the seeds Monday morning 

Hallelujah!!!

Sprouted seedlings Friday night 

 My veggies and flower seedlings sprouted!!!! I am so excited!!! I love growing seeds! 
 I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw what was sprouting up from the holes I carefully filled.
After four days of darkness and soaking up lots of water this was the result.



The picture below is the seedlings in the propagation tray  covered by the humidity dome. They will sit under a grow light  for 16 hours a day. The light and tray are two feet long. I was able to hang the light in our bathroom closet and place the tray right below it. I want the seeds to be in complete darkness for the other 8 hours of the day, so the closet was a great place to keep it. I am SOO excited to see what they will become after just one lighting cycle. 



So far I can say that I am hooked to gardening. It is just so awesome to think that I am growing food for my family. I am interested to see how much money we will save after a summer of fresh veggies. Do any of you have edible gardens? If so, how much money have you saved by having one?

I hope that everyone's Saturday is off to a great start! I had an outside farm run planned but I think the wind has talked me out of it. Looks like this girl will be forced in the gym another day. 

Happy Growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit chat!