Saturday, March 9, 2013

Terrance Jax



On August 30th 2011 we went to the hospital to be induced to have our baby boy. We were both beyond excited. I was anxious, nervous and LARGE. It was in fact nearing the end of summer…AND we also live in a dessert in Eastern Washington.. I was over being pregnant. I got induced and I was laboring a few hours later, something was finally happening!


            Throughout my pregnancy I researched all natural routes of labor. I intended and hoped that I wouldn’t end getting an epidural. I didn’t want to get an epidural for so many reasons, one MAJOR one being the HUGE needle they wanted to STICK IN MY SPINE?!?!? (By the way I FEAR needles). Both my mom and mom-in-law had their babies naturally. (Mind you my Mom in law did have twins!). There are so many great benefits that come along with a natural birth. I had studied all my birthing books and put in TIME researching the ins and outs of the natural birth that I had worked hard planning for me and our new baby.


 Twelve hours in, I had forgotten everything I had researched and was crying in the tub at the hospital. I couldn’t remember why I didn’t just choose to be numb from the waist down. I was exhausted and was scared.  I was scared of letting my birthing team down (Trent, my mom and my mom-in-law) but at that point they were all tired and exhausted too. I finally changed my mind and did what most scared crying girls do, I called for my mom. I told her that I couldn’t go on and that I needed the epidural. I’m SURE they were all so HAPPY because after I got it I fell asleep for two hours. We all needed a break… Trent needed it the most. Before I had received the epidural he had been holding my hand for hours and hours (I didn’t even let him go to the bathroom…Ha-ha poor Daddy!)


After my much needed nap, I woke up and was ready to push. I (WE) pushed for about 2 hours. When I say we it’s because this was a team effort, Trent had a leg, Edie had a leg, and my mom held my head and we pushed. Terrance Jax Hilker came out weighing 8lbs 4 ounces !!! He joined our family and will forever be surrounded by love. Me, Trent and Terrance became a family that day and it will never be forgotten.

We were worn out!!! 

I am so happy that I had such a great birthing team. They each brought something unique to the table and I needed each one of them. I love them all so much and that experience will forever bond us. Thank you for supporting me on the best day of my life- The day I became Mama. 


Me, Trent, My mom and T 


Mimi and Terrance (My Mom-in-law)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit chat!