Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Kicking into gear


I started to kick my healthy lifestyle in to high gear on January 15th. I started training for a marathon and started practicing Bikram yoga. Once I was a month and a half into my training my Bikram yoga practice started to take its toll. After my long runs the VERY LAST thing I wanted to do was step inside the studio. I decided to hold off on Bikram yoga until after my marathon.


I am currently studying to become a personal trainer with National Academy pf Sports and medicine. I have never loved studying so much. I love learning about how different variables effect the human body. I have already learned so much and have been able to apply it to my everyday life.
I am now ten weeks into my training. For me this wasn't about losing weight so I haven't been weighing myself. For me this is about getting strong, being energized, and staying healthy for my family. Over the last ten weeks I have disciplined myself to change my mind and body about my approach to health. I'm not on a diet, I just want to be healthy and happy. I LOVE to eat and so does my husband so that is something I am not as strict about. I just focus on portion control and not eating junk. I am STRICT on cardio so I can be more free with food.
Top pic is before bottom pic is 3 weeks later

I’m so happy with my change is strength and energy. I have a BIG, strong, and fast baby boy to keep up with. I need all the energy I can get! I'm happy to report that I am down 4 jean sizes (the other day I wore my jeans from my sophomore year in high school!!!) and the pain in my lower back has faded away. I am getting results and feeling good! Today I have a trail run to do and I gotta pick up my speeeed!!! Happy running!!! 


The picture on the left is before... pictures on right at ten weeks in.








4 comments:

  1. What a difference!! I'm so proud of all your work, it's totally paying off:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! I am so bummed I am missing that walk with you for your Mom! We will have to do it next year too!

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! I haven't committed to a marathon yet but I'm signed up for a 10k and deciding on a half marathon. When did you have your baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That is so sweet of you to say! I had my baby boy in August 2011. That is really exciting about your 10k! Have you ran any other races before? Good luck with your training and race !

      Delete

Let's chit chat!