Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Edible Garden is Awesome.

This weekend has been a very refreshing one for me and my little family. Today,  I woke up with at sunrise and got my sleepy butt out the door for a run. I ran along hay fields and didn't see a soul in site. I put six more miles on my new shoes and then headed home to take care of my to-do list. When I wake up and run first thing, afterwards, it feels like I have an abundance of energy to get through the day. (If you don’t do AM cardio… you should seriously consider starting, I mean who doesn’t need an abundance of energy these days).
Being that it is SUNDAY FUNDAY -my absolute favorite day of the week- my so called to-do list was actually I'M SO EXCITED TO-DO list! The second thing on my agenda was a much needed play date with my gorgeous/hilarious friend Katie. We have been friends since high school and she lives a couple of hours away so our boys had yet to meet until today!!! It was so cute seeing our boys play but it was even cuter to see Katie with her sweet little family.  She is a great Mommy and I can’t wait to create more memories with her and the boys.
Terrance woke up early and played hard on our date and was EXHAUSTED in no shape for church. He went home to nap with Daddy while I went to the service. It was a great sermon and I left feeling refreshed and very grateful. Afterwards, I came home to my sweet boys and played in the garden a bit. I just had to share how good they are looking! I seriously fell in love with gardening and am hooked. I am still in disbelief that they produce food… 
Chives
Cilantro 
Climbing beans!!
Dill
Parsley
Tomatoes 
Pumpkin
Watermelon... could not be more excited for these puppies.


I want to finish outlining one in bricks and the other in river rocks that we have collected. I still have to make it pretty but I am just so proud I have kept them all alive this long! This is my very first time having an edible garden and I have discovered so many ways to use my herbs. Terrance loves nothing more than to be outside and gardening is something that keeps me entertained out there. My garden has far to go but so happy I have made this much progress and it is just the beginning of June!
I hope that everyone had a great weekend!












2 comments:

  1. just found your blog through the blog hop--my name is Jessica and I blog at http://foreverconvinced.blogspot.com/

    Nice to meet you, So happy to find other Jesus lovers on here!

    xo
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica- I love your blog it is so inspiring! Looking forward to future posts! Have a great week!!

      Delete

Let's chit chat!