Thursday, June 13, 2013

Marathon Madness (official training plan)

When the new year of 2013 hit I knew I wanted to fill up our year calendar with memories, traveling, and much more. After all the last two years were BIG years; filled with having our beautiful healthy baby boy and marrying the man of my DREAMS. I wanted to figure out a way to make 2013 bigger and better then the years before. ( I'm not sure if its possible but it's what's the harm in trying :) )

I have always toyed with the idea of running a marathon. It seems so alluring to me for some reason. I mean 26.2 miles?? Seriously?? People who complete marathons are two things: dedicated and disciplined. I decided that one major goals of this year would be to complete a full marathon. Since that decision, I have been preparing for the official training program with work outs like; jogging, running, hiking, trail running, lifting, and hot yoga. 

It has been 6 months since I started working out and I have never felt better or more full of energy. I have a big baby boy to take care of and he has bounds of energy. I have been able to enjoy every minute because I feel fit and strong. This week I got an email in my inbox and the subject line read OFFICIAL MARATHON TRAINING PLAN.

That means I have officially started my first week of the 18 week plan. I am so excited that it has finally OFFICIALLY begun! I am so happy that I have been committed to working out the past 6 months because I feel like it is a good start for these next crucial 18 weeks of training. This is what the rest of June looks like for my training...



On the days that I will cross train I will do classes at Gold's Gym and also trail run (I love trail running on the farm). Easy runs are runs that I can do while holding a conversation with someone else. The hard run's are set aside for hills and uneven terrain. The first couple weeks don't seem to scary right? Fingers crossed I can pull this off! Wish me luck : ) 

The most amazing part of all this is that our team is raising money for families with out water in Africa. My family and friends have so far raised enough money for 3 people to drink clean water for the rest of their lives. They have also given enough to provide 35 people clean water for one year. I am so grateful that I get to be apart of this wonderful effort to help people in such great need. I hope we will be able to touch many lives. 



Follow me on instagram for workouts and recipes 
@mrshilker
(P.S. if any of you super talented bloggers could help me get an instagram button on my page, I would be so grateful!)


4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for linking up with us at the Let's be Friends Blog Hop. It's great to meet you!

    Best wishes on the marathon. Personally, I'm just a 5K kind of person. ;-)

    XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you are hilarious Mandi! And of course I am so happy I did! I was able to find some awesome blogs ! :) Talk to you soon girl!

      Delete
  2. Good luck to you on your marathon! I've always wanted to participate in a run but never have. I just had my first baby and am on the road to getting back in shape. How did you start training yourself to run? Your plan now seems crazy intense to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes Ashley! I started training by just trying to get out at least once a day to walk/jog and then slowly but surely it got easier and easier! I was able to get a jogger and bring my baby along or I would just wake up early and go alone. It is rewarding in so many ways! The first step is setting the time aside to just get out and get active! Good luck girl! I believe in you!!!
      Love,
      LeeAnn

      Delete

Let's chit chat!