Monday, February 4, 2013

She believed she could and so she did


Me and my angels 2012
I am twenty three years old, and I am a Mother of a 17 month old beautiful baby boy, Terrance. I have never felt as much joy as I do being a Mother. My husband Trent and our baby boy are my angels sent from heaven. I love them with all my heart. They give me so much strength and courage, that I don't know how I would be here without them.


When I was growing up my life was consumed with dancing. It was my passion. Most of my favorite memories of high school was when I was the captain of the dance team. After high school was over I danced briefly for a Professional Indoor Football League. I haven't danced on any teams since then. While I have strayed away from my life as a dancer, living a healthy lifestyle and staying fit has never gotten away from me. 
After my pregnancy, I didn't lose the weight that I gained as fast as I had originally planned. I like to say this is because I was too busy planning my dream wedding (excuses, excuses). I did in fact have my dream wedding on 14 July 2012; and after that I decided to kick it into high gear. I started running a lot and found that I loved doing 5k's with my mom and sister-in-law, whose name is Megan. However, I ended up getting a lower back injury in October and after that my running and work outs had stopped completely .. I was too scared of hurting my back any further. 


Three months later, I was ready to go back to the drawing board and figure out what I was missing in my training. I started a new running plan and added more weight training to my routine. I also started practicing Hot Yoga to help build strength in my core and increase flexibility. It has only been one month and I can feel the difference. Not only in my body, but in my mind. I feel like I have built up so much more strength and endurance. I am definitely ready to take on the challenge of training for a full marathon in October. 
                                               #toachieveyoumustbelieve

My Mom is my HERO, she inspires me


 The pictures on the left are the result of 3 months of not working out or eating right. The pictures on the right were taken three weeks into my training. I have lost 12 lbs and dropped 3 jean sizes!!!





I got my work out in and got one step closer to my future goals today, Did you?


Hilkerlove






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chit chat!